Homeopathy doesn't just work for treating humans – it works very well for your pet, too!
Most commonly used remedies are inexpensive and easy to find. They can be found at most health food markets, some human pharmacies, and online. These remedies can come in handy for minor emergencies, so they are perfect for keeping on hand if your pup isn't feeling his or her best.
Homeopathy for Dogs
Homeopathy works to treat the entire body of the animal, just like it focuses on treating the whole body of the human. There are some basics you need to know before administering a natural remedy to your dog:
- Homeopathic remedies need to melt on the gums, so you won't want to hide them in a treat.
- Remedies come in tiny white pellet or liquid form. Either form can be placed directly into your dogs cheek.
- It’s not important if you give one drop of the remedy or five or one homeopathic pellet or three because homeopathy is an energy medicine and there is typically none of the physical substance left in the remedy. Many people are worried about the amount to give, but it's not too big of a deal.
Handy Homeopathic Treatments for Dogs
*Arnica: Good for general pain, stiffness, due to overexertion and soreness.
Posted: Sat Jun 25th 2016 12:58pm 5 years ago
- Borax: excellent for fear of thunderstorms and fireworks.
- Calendula: Use for skin infections or any kind of external infection.
- Myristica: Great for anal sac infections.
- Silicea: Pushes foreign bodies like splinters or foxtails out of the skin.
- Ledum: The first choice for any type of puncture wound, including those from insect bites.