32Interesting Facts About Homeopathy
1. Modern homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann, an 18th-century German physician.
2. The word ‘homeopathy’ originated from the Greek words homœo (meaning similar) and pathos (meaning suffering).
3. In its early development, homeopathy was viewed a safe and effective alternative to harsh treatments that were common at the time.
4. Homeopathy is based on the principle that ‘like cures like’, therefore to cure symptoms practitioners uses small doses of substances that in large doses would lead to disease in a healthy person.
5. Homeopathy uses very small, effective doses of substances which rule out the possibility of negative side effects.
6. Homeopathy is a holistic approach that looks at the whole person as an individual when deciding which treatment will be most effective for their symptoms.
7. Homeopathy is generally considered safe to use in conjunction with conventional medicine.
8. Homeopathy is safe for children, expecting mothers, and adults.
9. Homeopathy is a popular treatment for eczema, chronic fatigue, and menopausal disorder.
10. Patients may experience an aggravation of their symptoms when starting homeopathic treatments. This is a sign that the treatment is working.
11. The English Royal Family has been using homeopathy since the 1800s.
12. Storing homeopathic remedies in glass containers helps retain their potency.
13. Homeopathic remedies should be stored away from direct sunlight.
14. Homeopathic remedies commonly come in the form of pills, liquids, sprays, and ointments.
15. Homeopathy is an evidence-based practice.
16. Homeopathic treatments are usually taken for a short period and are not addictive.
17. Homeopathic remedies help stimulate the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
18. Homeopathic remedies are more affordable than pharmaceutical medicines.
19. Homeopathic remedies do not have toxic side effects.
20. Homeopathy is practiced all around the world.
21. Homeopathy is reportedly used by many famous people.
22. Homeopathy is sought out by patients who did not see improvement with conventional treatments or who want to avoid their negative side-effects.
23. Most patients learn about homeopathy through word of mouth.
24. Homeopathic practitioners train for a minimum of four years.
25. Homeopathic treatments are not tested on animals.
26. Some people think that homeopathic treatments are effective because of the placebo effect. This is unlikely because they work on babies and animals who are not mentally capable of understanding these treatments.
27. The media and pharmacological industry do not want people to know how effective homeopathy is.
28. There are thousands of books available about homeopathy.
29. True homeopathic remedies are made using one main substance.
30. According to Hippocrates, there are Two Laws of Healing: The Law of Opposites (homeopathy) and the Law of Similars (traditional medicine).
31. Samuel Hahnemann tested his theories by experimenting with many substances using himself and volunteers and subjects.
32. The effectiveness of homeopathic treatments is measured by long-term effects and the complete disappearance of the disease being treated.
Dr. Nielsen (Founder, Homeopathic Doctor) has been practicing family medicine for over 10 years with a special interest in women's health, mental health, and hormonal disorders.